9 Unique and Unusual Ways to Display Your TV
As a professional interior designer in Nigeria with over ten years of experience, I can certainly share with you nine unique and unusual ways to display your TV. These ideas will help you elevate the aesthetics of your living space while making your television a focal point in a stylish and creative manner. Let’s explore them:
1. Gallery Wall: Create a gallery wall around your TV by arranging a collection of artwork, photographs, and decorative objects. This approach not only adds visual interest but also integrates the TV seamlessly into the overall design.
2. Bookshelf Integration: Incorporate your TV into a custom-built bookshelf by placing it in the center or at a strategic height. Surround the television with books, decorative items, and personal mementos, turning it into a functional and visually appealing feature within the shelving unit.
3. Sliding Panels: Install sliding panels or barn doors in front of your TV to conceal it when not in use. This option allows you to have the flexibility of hiding the TV behind decorative panels, maintaining a clean and minimalist look in your space.
4. Statement Wall: Designate a statement wall for your TV by using unique materials, such as textured wallpapers, reclaimed wood panels, or patterned tiles. The contrasting backdrop will make your TV stand out and become an artistic element in the room.
5. Suspended from Ceiling: Opt for a ceiling-mounted TV setup using a sturdy bracket or mount. This unconventional placement allows you to position the TV at an optimal height while freeing up wall space for other decorative elements or artwork.
6. Customized TV Frame: Enhance the appearance of your TV by adding a custom frame around it. Choose a frame that complements your overall decor style, be it sleek and modern, ornate and traditional, or rustic and eclectic.
7. Vintage Trunk or Cabinet: Repurpose a vintage trunk or cabinet as a TV stand. The unique character of these antique pieces will lend charm and personality to your space while providing a functional and stylish display for your TV.
8. Niche or Alcove Display: If you have a recessed niche or alcove in your living room, transform it into a dedicated TV display area. Add recessed lighting, decorative molding, or wallpaper to highlight the niche and create a cozy and intimate space for your TV.
9. Room Divider TV Stand: Utilize a room divider with built-in TV stand functionality to separate different areas of an open-plan living space. These dividers often feature storage compartments or shelving units, allowing you to display decorative items alongside your TV.
Remember, these unconventional ways to display your TV are meant to inspire creativity and add a unique touch to your interior design. Consider your personal style, the overall theme of your space, and the practicality of each option to find the perfect solution for showcasing your television.